Aerosol paints are suitable for interior and exterior use. This means that they are scratch, shock, and impact-resistant, as well as UV and weather resistant.
Creating chrome coatings on metal surfaces is an effect that can be achieved in several ways. Using spray cans is one of the easiest and most affordable solutions.
Characteristics of brushed nickel spray paint
Aerosol paint is a completely ready-to-use paint substance that does not need to be diluted and prepared for application. The range of spray paints allows you to realize interesting design ideas: cover the surface with a pearlescent paint, give it a metallic sheen, paint it gold, bronze or even achieve a spectacular “chameleon” shade. Spray can paint are easy to use, suitable for coating almost all types of materials, easy to apply, and relatively inexpensive.
How to choose spray paint for metal
Aerosol paint is a paint substance pumped into a metal can. The paint container is equipped with a special distribution valve – atomizer. Inside the can, there is paint and gas. When the valve is pressed, the gas pushes the spray outside the container. There is also a metal balloon inside the can, which is necessary to bring the paint to a homogeneous consistency.
Aerosol enamel is a popular type of paint composition. You can easily find such a product in construction stores. It is used to treat wood, plastic, metal, glass. The material can be used for painting products of complex shapes and textures. Such coatings have a lot of advantages.
The main distinguishing feature of spray paint for metal is the way it is applied. Painting is done by spraying the paint composition on the metal surface.
The composition can be varied:
- Two-component acrylic-based. They are used to painting surfaces of different materials, including metal.
- Alkyd enamels. Most often used in car repairs.
- Nitro paints (nitrocellulose). The most suitable variant for painting metal products.
In addition, there are coloring pigments available for temporary decoration.
Advantages of spray paint:
- Ease of use: no need to buy solvents, brushes, or rollers.
- Affordable prices.
- Compactness in storage and transportation. Anti-corrosive qualities.
- Spray formulations dry quickly after application on the surface.
- Uniformity of the applied layer.
- The layer is much more even than with a brush.
- The painted surface retains its original appearance for many years.
- Huge variety of colors and shades.
- Empty cans can be recycled (environmentally motivated).
- Long shelf life.
The metal effect is created by a special paint composition. The paint contains microscopic metal particles that create a mirror-like shine to the layer. When properly applied, the paint achieves perfectly smooth, flawless surfaces that are resistant to abrasion and exposure to harmful factors.
Brushed nickel spray paint - The Best Choice
Whether you’re tackling a DIY furniture project or giving new life to old items, Krylon COLORmaxx Spray Paint can get the job done. It’s a must-have all-purpose spray paint to keep on hand with DIY supplies or in any craft, art, or tool kit. This fast dry spray paint delivers adhesion, durability, and rust protection, and can be used for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor projects for a new color or touch-up. A spray paint primer and color in one, Krylon COLORmaxx can be used on a wide variety of projects, indoors and outdoors.
Krylon COLORmaxx Spray Paint – Video
Buyer’s guide for the brushed nickel spray paint
This review and guide provide information on the best-brushed nickel spray paint you can find.
There are quite a few manufacturers of brushed nickel spray paint on the market, and the prices vary greatly. From a pure price point of view, the type of brushed nickel spray paint can be priced from $6 to $13.
Best brushed nickel spray paint for the money
Related posts about hand tools and repairs:
All our reviews are based exclusively on expert judgments or practical experience with most of the best brushed nickel spray paint we have tested. We strive to make our guide as independent and as detailed as possible.
Best brushed nickel spray paints in comparison
Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray Paint Matte Nickel
Oil-based formula provides a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention. Weather and corrosion-resistant coating protect the exterior and interior surfaces like wood, metal, concrete, masonry, and more. Excellent resistance to abrasion, fading, and chipping.
Krylon Fusion All-In-One Spray Metallic Satin Nickel
All-in-one spray paint
This spray paint delivers best-in-class adhesion, durability, and rust protection, and can be used for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor projects. Any surface spray paint, bonds to difficult surfaces without sanding or priming, including wood, metal, wicker, plastic, glass, plaster/ceramic, PVC, hard vinyl, tile, wrought iron, masonry, and laminate. It can be used as plastic spray paint, wood spray paint, metal spray paint, and much more.
Rust-Oleum Universal All Surface Spray Paint Metallic Satin Nickel
Works on virtually any surface
It is an all-surface paint for interior/exterior use that provides long-lasting protection and durability. Comfort grip trigger delivery system eliminates finger fatigue caused by continuous spraying. Any angle spray allows you to spray even upside down.
Properties of spray paints
You can buy spray paints for exterior and interior work, covering wood, glass, rubber, plastic, metal, concrete, brick. Some compositions allow working immediately on the rust without pretreatment of the surface.
Spray paints vary in their visual characteristics and properties. The following types of compositions are distinguished:
- luminous fluorescent paints;
- compositions with pearl shine;
- Solutions with metallic, chameleon effect;
- products for coating products exposed to high mechanical, chemical, and thermal loads.
It is not necessary to prime the surface before applying spray paints. If required, the manufacturer additionally indicates compatibility with a particular type of primer. Aerosol paints are available in cans of varying capacity, which holds the paint and gas under pressure. To achieve decorative effects, special nozzles can be applied to form the thickness and silhouette of the sprayed layer.
A distinctive feature of atomized paints is the impossibility of mixing them. It is necessary to buy the specific shades you need. Working with a stencil or masking tape on a vertical surface, it is important to avoid runs. If the composition has been stored for a long time and has thickened, the solvent will not help bring it back to a viable state, as it is possible with conventional paints. Spoiled cans can only be thrown away.
Using brushed nickel spray paint
Aerosol paints are commonly used for the following purposes:
- For painting the surfaces of buildings (graffiti). The main consumers are writers.
- To decorate automobile and motorcycle vehicles (airbrushing). The technique is painted by a specialist whose profession is an airbrush.
- For painting hard-to-reach spots on any surfaces, as well as when you want to accelerate painting. In the latter case, spray cans are used by everyone, from amateurs to professionals, because spraying is not so labor-intensive if you compare this method with the work of a brush or roller.
- For decorating or restoring objects made of different types of materials: wood, metal, wicker, most plastics, paper-mâché, glass, plaster/ceramic, fabric, and paper.
- Aerosol paints evenly cover all reliefs, corners, and irregularities. They are often used for restoration, decoration, consciousness of stenciled images.
Tip! When choosing spray paint, it is recommended to give preference to spray cans with a regulator for spraying direction. Such a regulator allows you to direct the paint both horizontally and vertically, which allows you to apply the composition more evenly.
Types of spray paints
Aerosol paints that are used to paint metal come in several variants:
- Standard paints are simple sprays that are used for conventional painting surfaces. They can be used to achieve the desired color. Quality pigments adhere well to the surface and one coat is usually enough to achieve the desired shade.
- The next example of paints is the dual type. They are used not only to achieve the desired color but also to prime the surface.
- The last option is the paint of the triple type. Among other things, they also protect the surface from corrosion. This is very important because rust often forms on the metal base.
Brushed nickel spray paint Price:
- Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray Paint Matte Nickel
- Krylon Fusion All-In-One Spray Metallic Satin Nickel
- Rust-Oleum Universal All Surface Spray Paint Metallic Satin Nickel
- Krylon COLORmaxx Spray Paint Metallic Satin Nickel