Why do you need a Fence Stretcher Tool?
Fence stretchers can be applied to guarantee the appropriate tightening of the wire nets. A tight fence keeps livestock and wildlife from becoming entangled in the fence, which can cause injury or may lead to death.
Making a beginner search for a wire stretcher could be like an electrician’s joke, however, these devices really do work.
When constructing or fixing fences, they assist in producing exactly the correct tension so that everything you are trying to get in or out is kept in place.
Because fences as well as wires are all of different shapes and types, we have enclosed a lot of types to simplify your everyday work a bit.
Fence Stretcher - Best Choice
TOP of Stretcher tool for Fence
Dutton-Lainson 400 All-Purpose Fence Stretcher
Can be used
by one person
Midwest Air Technologies Fence Stretcher Bar
Rod does not bend under pressure
Fence Stretcher Tool Review
How to stretch a chain-link fence?
Tensioning wire net fences is not really complicated, however, the operation can be carried out far more efficiently when there is a technical benefit. As you are basically attempting to straighten metal, you may find it nearly impossible of getting out every bend and ripple manually. When you tighten the chain mesh, you require a tool to unravel and stretch it.
Stretch chain link fencing
Unroll the chain mesh towards the fence frame beginning at one corner pillar. You will likely require the assistance in rolling out the chain netting. Put a tightening rod through the bars at the edge of the frame. Let the mesh run along the ground.
Keep the tension rod in position along with the post and fasten it to the post with tightening bands spaced a foot from each other. Do not completely fasten the bolts unless you are happy with the look of the poles, mesh, and tightening straps.
Tighten the net using a pull rod located between the edge poles. Make sure that the fence is carefully installed by hand wearing protective gloves.
Hang the end of a come long on a retaining strap on a corner pole. Fasten the opposite side to a tie bar that is braided between the sections of the wire netting fence. Crank the Come-Long until all the shafts are out and the wire netting is completely taught.
Fasten the stretched net to the other corner pole, insert the stretching bar into the end and fix it with tightening belts.
Complete the work by securing the mesh wire fence to the top rail by fastening it to the galvanized wire with pliers.
Stretcher Tool for Fence
What is the best fence stretcher?
- Can be used by one person
- Highly visible yellow
- Robust steel construction
Although the Dutton-Lainson Heavy-Duty color could be overly applied, it’s a tough piece of equipment that will do the work without extending your purse to the limit. Moreover, it functions extremely effectively on either barbed wire or high-strength wire. Tensions every fence – regardless of whether it is high-tensile, spiky, or smooth wire. Splice, expand, and relocate the wire. For splicing wire, the device keeps the ends in place leaving both hands available to create the joint. Manufactured from a solid steel construction for extreme stress. Painted in yellow.
- Facilitates fixing of fences
- Ideal for quickly tensioning and expanding every type of fence
- Ergonomically rounded edge ensures a better grip
An ideal device for connecting, relocating and tightening the wire. This wire tensioner is designed to quickly tension any fence, high-strength, barbed, or even wire. As someone splices the wire using this device, it keeps the ends in place, so that both hands remain free to create the joints. It has a ratchet for controlled loosening and holding to reduce the tension of the cord and the breakage when loosening the wire. Ergonomically rounded edges on the handle help you work comfortably. It has been designed using innovative manufacturing techniques and expertly crafted from robust materials that make it break-resistant. The teeth of the clamp are sharp enough to grip the wire firmly, but not so sharp that they can damage your wire. Excellent for barbed wire with the standard thickness or the extra thick chain links.
- Manufactured in the USA
- It is easy to obtain replacement springs and wire guides for quick repairs
- New third hook allows unlimited stretching
- Barbed wire tensioner facilitates fence repairs
- Ideal for quick tightening
The GoldenRod Standard Fence Stretcher & Splicer, Type 415, is perfect for the splicing, stretching, and relocating of wire and is great for fence rework. It’s constructed to rapidly tension any fence, from high-strength, spiked wire to plain wire. During joining the wire, the unit locks the tips in place allowing you to use two hands for making the connection. Includes a unique patented third hook concept that enables extended lengths of wire without the necessity of readjustment.
- For high-tensile, spiky and smooth wire
- Hook allows unlimited sagging of the wire at constant tension
- Holds the wire securely during the movement of the movable hook and releases the area where the splice is to be made
- Quick tensioning of high-strength, barbed or plain wire
- Includes ratchet control for reduced tension and safe release of the wire
- Perfect working on high-tensile, spiky and smooth wires
The AgKnx fence wire stretcher is an efficient device for stretching, connecting as well as expanding every kind of wire. The tool is able to easily tighten every kind of fence wire, no matter if it is extremely hard, barbed, or plain. Its highly durable design even allows easy splicing of the wire.
- Facilitates the installation of fence wire
- Easy to operate
- Cheaper than the Golden Rod
This fence stretcher tightly holds fence wires and assists in tightening them with the least possible force. It can be used as either field or mesh fencing in different dimensions to maintain the required tightness to guarantee the highest level of security and power. The Fi shock wire stretcher tightens and extends an electric fencing wire with no effort. Securely joins both ends together. Sturdy enough to provide powerful hooks. Comfortable ratcheting feature for effortless application.
- The teeth on the stretcher can accommodate different sizes and types of traditional and high-tensile fence wire
- Molded claw fastener on the chain
- Premium cast limbs and grabbers
- Easy handle operation
Using this fence strainer, it is possible to easily join the two ends with the fence wires and tighten the switch several times. Disconnect the cables. Ready. It is so simple that you can make it all by yourself – and because of a smart swivel feature, it can be operated by either left or right hand. This chain fence tightener is suitable for both smooth and barbed wire. Applicable for the wire from 1.5 mm to 5.0 mm in diameter.
1.2M/47.25” chain: It can stretch wire up to approximately 5 mm with a swivel joint that enables either left or right-handed use. Capacity 2200LBS: A powerful and reliable supplement to your fencing equipment.
- Suitable for application on smooth or barbed wire
- Durable and robust construction
- Turnable for either left- or right-handed persons
- Self-locking action allows easier two-handed tying
- Tightens the tie rod towards the end of the post to facilitate setting
- Universal adaptation for positions from 1 38 to 4 in
Searching for the proper instrument to stretch a fence. The Maasdam 8060 is the perfect instrument for your job. It is fast and assists you to complete your work within a minimum of time. It is lightweight and extremely user-friendly. Maasdam helps in the production of simple chain link gates or in pulling tension on small series of chain link fences. The tool consists of two parts, a hook-shaped swing arm and the main body connected to the arm by a clevis pin, which gives considerable adjustment possibilities. The tool is hooked to a drawbar at the end of the post to make it easy to tie. It has a self-locking action that allows easier two-handed tying. Two men are needed because you need one man at the pulling device and one man to handle the strap and bolts that secure the fence in place. If you avoid putting too much strain on the rear end of the saddle, it will work perfectly. It is made in the USA.
- Built entirely of steel
- Rod does not bend under pressure
- Welding seams could be stronger
With the Midwest Air Technologies Bar, which along with the three tines offers you versatility because it can be applied to nearly every kind of material, chain splicing is effortless. Also, since it is zinc plated, there is no need to fear corrosion.
Fence Stretcher Best Choice
Things to take into account when
buying a fence stretcher bar
So what defines a great purchase? When buying, which things do you need to know to be able to select the most suitable stretcher for the fence? It is the in-depth product research and study of this item. Well, we are familiar with it as we have gone through the entire procedure. We have done a thorough study of the latest trend fence stretcher currently being offered. Perhaps you might have a number of questions regarding this item in mind, including some following
- Which will be the best fencing stretcher on the market in 2020?
- Is there a reason for investing in a stretcher bar for fencing?
- Is this item definitely a good purchase?
- What makes you decide to buy nothing but the finest product?
- How do you pick the most suitable stretcher bar for fencing for you?
- Which are the primary applications of fence stretcher bars?
- Which advantages does it have?
It is essential that you get all your concerns and questions resolved before you make you buy, so you need to search for information from different resources like word of mouth, website ratings, individual consumer reviews, user forums, buying guides, and much more.
Best fence tensioner purchase guide
- Check the return policy, as fence racks are used for heavy pulling work. Any brittle machine can break your zeal to work with this tool.
- A better gripping part – such as the ergonomic handle – ensures a better grip and the power to work efficiently and longer.
- A simple grip and a maintenance-friendly choking motion. This ratchet can move tool to tool. But for a smooth ratchet movement, this tool must also be fast.
- A controllable ratchet movement during tightening – as sharp and strong as clamping teeth.
- The ability to hold weights. Easy to break and open.
- Heavy and smooth sliding during clamping and splicing.
- Multi functionality that covers all types of wire tensioning.
Conclusion about the most suitable fence tensioner
The decision to buy a fence stretcher might be difficult and tricky. In our list of the best products, we have paid the greatest importance to ensure that you will have no trouble in choosing the best product, according to the most popular and highly rated products.
Goldenrod Fence Stretcher-Splicers – Video
FAQ about the best-barbed wire fence stretcher
Fence stretchers are used to provide adequate tension in wire fences. A solid fence can prevent livestock and wildlife from getting tangled up in the fence. As a result, it can cause injury. This works with a kind of clamp that is attached to the wire and a strangle system that pulls the fence tight.
Not all of them are corrosion-resistant, proof. Therefore, it is better to keep the tensioners clean and dry. And also try to avoid scratches.
When tensioning, remember not to do it quickly, otherwise, it may come back or lose its grip, which can seriously injure your finger. Remember to do it slowly and smoothly.
At the end of the wire fence, not in between. Stretching the fences in between would weaken the galvanized coating, making it more fragile.
After applying the fence tensioner, pull it tight, and then release it.