Pond Rake – Best Choice
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thanks for helping us do what we love.
Extra Large Aquatic Weed Rake For Lakes & Ponds
Lake Weed Rakes - Review
Pond Rakes - TOP 5
- Aquatic Lake & Pond Weed Cutter and RAKE with Big Long Teeth.
- Jenlis Weed Raker, Weed & Grass Removal Tool for Lakes, Ponds & Beaches.
- Outdoor Water Solutions PSP0212 Heavy Duty Lake and Beach Rake.
- Sand Beach Pond River Zebra Mussel and Lake Rake.
- ShoreTech Ultralite 24″ Lake Weed Rake.
Aquatic Rake - Top Choice
Aquatic Lake & Pond Weed Cutter and RAKE with Big Long Teeth
Multi-purpose 2000TT Lawn Rake for Removing Rocks and debris
- Components are made from rust-proof aluminum.
- Extra wide 40 inch rake head.
- Super tough, unbreakable 9-inch-long teeth.
- Available in extendable 7ft and 11 ft handle lengths.
- Unique “curved handle with padded grip makes raking seaweed easier on your body.
- Includes detachable float kit for skimming free-floating surface weeds and debris.
- Includes 25 ft rope for throwing and collecting.
- Weighs only 6-1/2 pounds but is extremely sturdy and durable.
Jenlis Weed Raker
Weed Raker Pond & Lake Rake
Outdoor Water Solutions PSP0212 Heavy Duty Lake and Beach Rake
Outdoor Water Solutions Heavy Duty Lake Rake
Sand Beach Pond River Zebra Mussel and Lake Rake
Shoreline Industries Pond River Zebra Mussel and Lake Rake
ShoreTech Ultralite 24" Lake Weed Rake
ShoreTech Ultralite 24″ Pond Weed Rake
All our reviews are based only on expert judgment or practical experience with most of the Tools, Parts, and Accessories. We strive to ensure that our leadership is independent and as detailed as possible.
How to clear the pond?
How to clear the pond of algae
Blue-green algae species can be removed by several methods:
- by limiting their growth factors (light, high temperature, excess organic and oxygen);
Also, to clean the pond from green, a more effective cleaning method can be used, based on the biochemical decomposition of organic elements to carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide and methane to deprive blue-green algae of substrates for reproduction. For this purpose, a complex of specially selected anaerobic and aerobic bacteria is used.
The most conservative way to clean water in the pond is mechanical cleaning, performed with relatively simple devices. Mechanical cleaning is suitable for maintaining cleanliness as one of the activities of the complex.
The manual method of cleaning the pond from propagating algae is the least effective, so it should be considered only as a preventive measure. Periodic cleaning of the pond water in the manual mode can ensure not elimination, but prevention of the problem.
A good alternative to mechanical methods of cleaning lakes and ponds is regular use of passive reagents for cleaning, which have a positive effect on the composition and quality of water. Most of the chemicals are harmless to ponds, growing herbs and floating fish in them, and when the correct volume of the cleaning agent is backfilled in the pond, algae and frock growth is stopped. The reagents are used not only for cleaning, but also to maintain the level of acidity, and acidity affects the reproduction of fish and flowering of useful algae.