Advantages of rubber paver tiles
Safety is one of the main advantages of rubber paving tiles.
Variety of decor. A huge selection of shapes and sizes of tiles, colors, patterns and ornaments, which allows you to realize the most daring fantasies of architects, builders, landscape designers, owners of cottages and villas.
Depreciation. Rubber tiles have an elastic structure that is amortizable, so they can be used for garage or home access roads.
Frost resistance. Rubber tiles withstand frost and do not lose their properties when using winter reagents.
Drainage properties. Due to the low porosity of the rubber tile surface, moisture evaporates from it very quickly. So, at the temperature difference – which is not uncommon for winter – on such a tile does not form slippery ice, and snow is very easy to clean.
Microbiological resistance. Material made of rubber crumbs and a special solution for laying such tiles prevents the formation of mold on the surface and grass germination at the joints.
Protection against ultraviolet. Dyes that are used in the process of manufacturing tiles, do not burn out in the sun.
Why is rubber tile better than concrete tile?
- Rubber tiles do not crumble, have high strength and resistance to stress.
- Operation – easy installation and repair, easy maintenance.
- Good drainage qualities – water does not accumulate on the surface.
- Injury safety.
- Service life is more than 10 years!
- A wide variety of colors and shapes, which allows you to create almost any design.
Laying rubber tiles
The technology of rubber tile laying requires observance of several important points:
- It is necessary to make markings and prepare the base in advance. You can use pegs for marking, between which to pull the rope.
- Primer or sand must be compacted, and the concrete tie to let dry and clean from dust.
- The installation should be carried out on an even surface. Rubber tiles forgive small irregularities, however, it is desirable to achieve the smoothest possible foundation.
- The size of the area where the tiles will be laid should be determined according to the size of the tile modules to minimize waste.
Which tool will be needed when laying rubber tiles
To lay out a rubber tile with your own hands, you only need a small set of tools and appliances. You will need them:
- a marking tool (enough pegs and rope);
- level and ruler;
- a knife, an electric jigsaw;
- a wooden or rubber hammer (a mallet);
- a toothed spatula for applying glue (when laying on concrete);
- a sponge or rag to remove excess glue (when laying on concrete).
Installation of rubber tiles on concrete
- Paving is performed on a ready-made concrete base (or on an asphalt surface);
- finer tiles can be used;
- the connection is made on an adhesive base.
- before installation, the surface of the base must be leveled, cracks closed, dust and dirt cleaned and primed. You can use an already prepared primer as a primer.
Before mounting, the base surface must be leveled, cracks closed, dust and dirt cleaned and primed. As a primer you can use a ready-made primer or a mixture of polyurethane adhesive with acetone in equal shares.
An adhesive is applied to the base with a toothed spatula and tiles are placed on top of it. The instructions for choosing the glue contain the instructions for the tiles.
It is best to lay the tiles not immediately, but on slightly dried mastic. In this case, a secure fixation is immediately ensured and the drying time is reduced. It is enough to withstand the mastic for about 20 minutes. Therefore, when laying a large area, it is convenient to work in small areas.
From the center to the edges of the tile air is thrown out from under the tile. You can use a wooden bar and a regular hammer.
Between the tiles are also fixed with glue. Excess glue and immediately cleaned with a sponge.
The drying time of tiles is about a day, after which you can use the coating.